Simon Russell Beale - Narrator, The Sixteen, Harry Christophers - Conductor VIDEO CLIP BELOW
A glorious concert performance of music by Byrd, J.S. Bach, Tallis, De Monte, Pérotin, Palestrina and Allegri's Miserere
Highlights include Palestrina's motet Assumpta Est Maria, and Allegri's Miserere.
In the finale to series one of the Sacred Music programme, Simon Russell Beale presents a special concert for Easter from LSO St Luke's Church, London, performed by the award-winning choir The Sixteen, conducted by founder Harry Christophers.
The music takes us on a journey of over six hundred years, from haunting plainchant through to the celebrated music of Johann Sebastian Bach. This is a definite buy!
Bonus Features include:
· Sacred Music Series One Preview
· Exclusive Interview with Harry Christophers
· Song Selection with Introductions from Harry
Christophers (Audio Option)
· Related Recordings by The Sixteen
· Artist Biographies and Images
· Downloadable Screensavers