Valentina Lisitsa: Live At Royal Albert Hall Label: DECCA Catalog: 4784572 Format: CD
Valentina Lisitsa - piano 1. Rachmaninov: Op.23 Nr.5
2. Beethoven: Fur Elise
3. Liszt: La Campanella
4. Rachmaninov: Op.32 Nr.5
5. Chopin: Nocturne Op.9 Nr.2
6. Scriabin: Two Poemes, Op.32
7. Rachmaninov: Prelude Op.32 Nr.12
8. Beethoven: Moonlight
9. Rachmaninov: Prelude Op.32 Nr.10 (B minor)
10. Chopin: Nocturne Op.48 Nr.1
11. Liszt: Un Sospiro
12. Scriabin: Etude Op.42 Nr.3
13. Liszt: Liebestraume
14. Rachmaninov: Etudes Tableaux Op.39 Nr.6
15. Chopin: Nocturne Op.27 Nr.2 Born in Kiev, Ukraine, Valentina began playing the piano at the age of three and performed her first solo recital just one year later. She has won prestigious awards for her playing internationally, including the Murray Dranoff Two Piano Competition (together with her husband Alexei Kuznetsoff).
Valentina Lisitsa has already performed at major international venues including Carnegie Hall and Avery Fisher Hall in New York and the Vienna Musikverein, and in countries as far apart as the Netherlands and Brazil. She has played with renowned orchestras including Chicago Symphony, Seattle Symphony, San Francisco Symphony and the Pittsburgh Symphony, collaborating with conductors Manfred Honeck, Yannick Nézet-Séguin, and Jukka-Pekka Saraste, among others. Upcoming performances are confirmed with the Rotterdam Philharmonic, Philharmonie im Gasteig, Munich with Münchner Symphoniker and recitals at the Victoria Hall in Geneva and Philharmonie in Berlin.
With more than 43 million views and over 52,000 subscribers to her YouTube channel, the young pianist is not only one of the fastest-rising stars of the international concert scene but probably the single most-watched classical musician, having rapidly overtaken long-established giants of the piano world in terms of global online viewing figures.